We, at "Municipal Corporation of Delhi" hereinafter referred as M.C.D and our affiliated Organizations, are committed to respecting your online privacy and recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") you share with us.
Personal Information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a home or other physical address and an email address or other contact information, whether at work or at home. In general, you can visit M.C.D's Web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information about yourself.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Some of our Web pages utilize "cookies" and other tracking technologies. A "cookie" is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about Web site activity. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by a Web user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them.
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you will need to re-enter your original user ID and password to gain access to certain parts of the Web site.
To protect your privacy, we have adopted the following principles:
Where M.C.D collects Personal Information on the web, we intend to post a purpose statement that explains why Personal Information will be collected and whether we plan to share such Personal Information outside of M.C.D or those working on M.C.D's behalf. M.C.D does not intend to transfer Personal Information without your consent to third parties who are not bound to act on M.C.D's behalf unless such transfer is legally required. Choice
You may choose whether or not to provide Personal Information to M.C.D. The notice we intend to provide where 'M.C.D' collects Personal Information on the Web should help you to make this choice. If you choose not to provide the Personal Information we request, you can still visit most of M.C.D's Web sites, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
If you chose to have a relationship with 'M.C.D', such as a contractual or other business relationship or partnership, we will naturally continue to contact you in connection with that business relationship. Security
Wherever your Personal Information may be held within 'M.C.D' or on its behalf, we intend to take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Information that you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure.
We recognize industry standards and employ security safeguards to protect personally identifiable information from unauthorized access and misuse. You should understand that the open nature of the Internet is such that data may flow over networks without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. We do not disclose the personally identifiable information that you provide us to third parties, except as necessary to provide the product or service you have specifically requested.Third Party Services
Third parties provide certain services available on the present website on M.C.D's behalf. 'M.C.D' may provide information, including Personal Information, that 'M.C.D' collects on the Web to third-party service providers to help us deliver programs, products, information, and services. Service providers are also an important means by which 'M.C.D' maintains its Web site and mailing lists. 'M.C.D' will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third-party service providers are obligated to protect Personal Information on M.C.D's behalf.
Information entered into the Tax Calculators is used solely to provide you with estimates of various tax situations. The information used in these calculations is not saved.
'M.C.D' does not intend to transfer Personal Information without your consent to third parties who are not bound to act on M.C.D's behalf unless such transfer is legally required. Similarly, it is against M.C.D's policy to sell Personal Information collected online without consent. Your Consent
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
- We restrict access to your personally identifying information to employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
- When collecting, storing and retrieving your personal data, extensive internal controls are maintained throughout the process to ensure security and confidentiality.
- Our Internet-based systems are protected behind firewalls, and all mission critical servers are deployed in a cluster environment to provide an even greater level of security and protection against system failure. All data is maintained and backed-up on a regular schedule to provide adequate redundancy and ensure that the integrity of information is never jeopardized.
- Our employees are subject to strict guidelines regarding confidentiality, and internal access to property tax payer’s data which is restricted to highly trained personnel on an 'as-needed' basis.
Updating your information
- We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personally identifying information for many of our services. For more information, please see the help pages for each service.
Our Commitment to Privacy
We are committed to keeping your information private and recognize the importance that all property tax payers and other visitors place on the privacy and confidentiality of their information. While new technologies allow us to more efficiently serve our clients, we are committed to maintaining the rigorous privacy standards that are synonymous with the best practices in the industry.
Covered Web Sites
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- 'M.C.D' does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with 'M.C.D' under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help 'M.C.D' communicate with you about offers from 'M.C.D' and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- 'M.C.D' displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- 'M.C.D' does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- 'M.C.D' advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- 'M.C.D' works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business. For more information regarding providers of products or services that you've requested please read our detailed reference links.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with the laws prevalent in India to protect personal information about you. We seek to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules made thereunder to ensure the protection and preservation of your privacy.
'M.C.D' reserves the right to update, change or modify this policy at any time. The policy shall come to effect from the date of such update, change or modification.